How to Share a Video in Google Slides in 60 Seconds or Less
Uploading a video to Google Slides requires only two steps, and doesn’t require you to use any complicated codes or third-party apps. The instructions below should take you 60 seconds or less, and after you’re done, you’ll have the option of embedding your video anywhere on the web using just a URL link! Here’s how to share video with Google Slides
Step 1: Get Your Video onto Your Computer
The first step is to get your video onto your computer. There are a few ways you can do this, but the easiest is by downloading the video from YouTube and dragging it over into your document folder. Alternatively, if you have an existing file on your computer that you want to use as the basis for your presentation, drag it over into the document folder as well. The next step is to open up Google Slide and create a new presentation with one slide. From there, go ahead and paste the link of the video onto that slide.
Once that’s done, click Enter and voila! You’ve now shared your video with all of your friends via slideshare-style presentations! The great thing about this technique is that you don’t need any additional software or plugins because everything you need comes preinstalled on your device. It also doesn’t require any complicated formatting either.
Step 2: Get your Presentation Ready
First, upload the video you want to share. You can do this by clicking on Add an object and then selecting Video. Then click Browse and find the video file you want to add. Next, drag the video so that it appears at the bottom of your slide. You may need to resize it by clicking on it and dragging on one of the corners until it’s large enough. For example, if you’re adding a YouTube video, you might need to make sure it’s at least 720p high resolution before uploading. After resizing your video, click Done.
In some cases, such as when using YouTube videos, slideshows will automatically start playing when slides are clicked through in presentation mode. To stop the slideshow from auto-playing, click on Slide Show Options at the top left corner of your screen and uncheck Auto-play next box. Finally, save your presentation! Click File>Save As… >A new window will pop up asking for a name for your document. Click Save when done and choose where you want to save it.
Step 3: Add the YouTube Link into your Presentation
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to embed.
- Paste it into the URL text field.
- Click Enter on your keyboard.
- Hit Publish on your Slide Deck and you’re done! You can now play back the video from within your presentation using the little Play button on each slide.
- If you need a bit more time for this process, go back to Step 2 and choose to Embed instead of Link.
- The Embed option will take more time because it will require an HTML-embed code, but it has some added benefits that can make this option worth the extra work:
- Embeds allow slides to be played by clicking anywhere on them, whereas links only play when clicked in their respective caption boxes;
- Embeds allow viewers to navigate through slides at different speeds, whereas links only allow viewers access through pauses between slides.
Step 4: Embed YouTube Inside of the Slide
- Click on Insert and then choose YouTube. A window will pop up with the YouTube video that you want to embed. Simply click on Share and then paste the URL of the video that you uploaded earlier. Choose whether you would like the video looping or not, then click Insert. There’s your YouTube video right inside of your Google Slide! You can now move the video around by clicking and dragging it anywhere you would like. You can also resize the player by clicking on it and dragging it to one side or another. If you find that your video is being cut off because of an animation within your slide, use this shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + L (Windows) / Command + Option + L (Mac) to view slides full screen. Right-click on the slider bar at the bottom of your screen, select Zoom, and then select 100%. Hit Esc twice to return back to normal viewing mode. To add music to your slideshow, click on Tools and select Add Music from here. To add text boxes to your slides, click on Insert and choose Text Box from here. Your slideshow is all set! Now hit Publish so that others can see it too.
- Select the slide you want to share your video on.
- Click Insert>Media>Video
- Upload your video file and wait for it to upload.
- Once uploaded, click the share button 5. Add a title, description, tags and privacy settings
- You can also change the thumbnail image if desired by clicking Change Thumbnail under File Settings
- Your video will now be available to insert into any other slides on your presentation by selecting them and using the same steps as outlined above! The same goes with adding text to the video: Just select your text tool of choice, type out what you want your viewers to see, highlight that area and choose Video>Add Media from the menu bar at the top of PowerPoint (or press CTRL+M). Then just follow step two through six.
You’ve successfully added an entire YouTube video to Google Slides so that anyone viewing this slideshow from anywhere will have access to it within seconds – without having anything downloaded onto their computer. It is easy for one person on a team working remotely to collaborate on documents like these during meetings without ever having seen each others screens or having anything downloaded onto their computers.